Saturday, January 21, 2012

Butternut Squash Fries

Tonight, these butternut squash fries were a part of my dinner.  I found the recipe here : http://www.canyoustayfordinner.com/2011/02/22/baked-butternut-squash-fries/



I bought the squash awhile ago and finally decided to make it.  It was an extremely simple recipe, only three ingredients (butternut squash, canola oil, salt)

The two keys to it tasting good are : salt and ketchup!  I may even go as far as saying ketchup is the only key.  I tried them without ketchup and I was quite scared they weren't going to be good.  But as soon as I used ketchup, they tasted just like fries!!!

They weren't very crispy, so next time I will use less canola oil.  I don't think my squash was as big, so I think I used too much.

My only complaint is that they take 40 minutes in the oven, plus close to 20 minutes to prepare.  I don't think they are something that I would have time to make during the week.

These are a GREAT alternative to french fries; I would definitely recommend them!

4 comments:

  1. Do you think they' be good reheated??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure...the recipe says to eat immediately, but I feel like as long as you use the broiler...they should be fine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It takes half of your lifetime to chop the squash...so don't get too crazy!

    ReplyDelete