Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Goals

So...I made it through my first workout of 2012 and I'm pretttty sure I already look like this :


Well, maybe not.

Before I started my workout, I weighed myself. 146 lbs. While this may not seem like a lot to some of you, it is to me.  This is the most I have ever weighed.  According to this ideal weight tracker, my ideal weight it 134 with a healthy range of 119-149.  I'm just FOUR pounds from being outside of my recommended weight range.  Now again, this may seem like no big deal to some people but the fact that I have gained probably 20 pounds in the last 3 years is scary to me. Not to mention I was 138 less than 1 year ago.  I do not want to continue that trend.

So now it's time to make some goals :

  • 1st check-point : 140 (I will reward myself for hitting each check-point with some new work out apparel)
  • 2nd check-point : 130
  • Goal weight : 125 (Haven't decided this reward yet....ideas?)




I have never been able to wear skirts like this because of my body shape (aka - I have love handles).  So this is a huge personal goal for me.




  • I want to work out at least 3 days a week, even where there are a million reasons not to.
  • When it gets warmer, I want to try stand-up paddle boarding
  • Most importantly, I want to keep myself motivated.  I want to change my lifestyle and I want to be happy with my body.
Next blog : My First Workout

2 comments:

  1. Those are great goals! I would suggest either a shopping splurge as the reward or a weekend getaway! My biggest challenge is finding rewards that are not food based.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just used the ideal weight tool and realized I am 46 lbs over my recommended range. Seeing that number is reminding me that I have some work of my own to do too

    ReplyDelete